Abondance is a small ski resort located in the Haute-Savoie, 30 km from Lake Geneva. It boasts breathtaking views and an unspoilt natural environment.
The village of Abondance and its valley have an exceptional architectural heritage: wooden chalets, traditional farms and a beautiful XII century abbey. For this reason, the Valley of Abondance is Classified for it's historical art.
The ski area of Abondance, the Essert, is accessible by cable car from the centre of the village. The slopes are fairly easy and suitable for families. From the village of Abondance, a regular free shuttle service provides access to the large Franco-Swiss ski area of Les Portes du Soleil.
Cross-country skiing is possible in the Valley of Abondance.
- Maximum altitude: 1730 m
- Minimum altitude: 1140 m
- Number of ski lifts: 9 (gondola lifts: 1, chairlifts: 1, drag lifts: 7)
- Number of ski runs: 12 (black: 2, red: 2, blue: 6, green: 2)
- Total distance: 26 km
- Piste map
- Number of runs: 8 (black: 1, red: 2, blue: 3, green: 2)
- Total distance: 24 km
- Genève to Abondance: 66 kilometres (41 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 26 minutes
- Annecy to Abondance: 101 kilometres (63 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 32 minutes
- Chambéry to Abondance: 147 kilometres (91 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 56 minutes