La Plagne is a large ski resort in the Tarentaise Valley in the Savoie region. The ski resort is comprised of several sites: Aime la Plagne, Belle Plagne, Plagne Villages / Soleil, Plagne Bellecôte, Plagne Centre and Plagne 1800. All the sites offer doorstep skiing and are connected by free shuttle buses that circulate from 8am to midnight everyday throughout the season, meaning that holidaymakers never need to use their car to get around.
The resort, directly facing the Mont Blanc, is very large and varied, with ski slopes for all types of skier, from beginners to experts. There are slopes for everyone, with picturesque ski runs winding through pine forests, snow park jumps, glacier runs, vast off piste areas and also slopes specially designated for calm, tranquil skiing. La Plagne is at the heart of Paradiski, a vast ski area shared with the neighbouring resort, Les Arcs.
Non-skiers will also find plenty to do, especially in the evening, with dozens of bars and restaurants, bowling, several nightclubs... there is something for everyone.
- Maximum altitude: 3250 m
- Minimum altitude: 2000 m
- Number of ski lifts: 80 (cable cars: 1, gondola lifts: 8, chairlifts: 36, drag lifts: 33, carpet lifts: 2)
- Number of ski runs: 130 (black: 18, red: 33, blue: 69, green: 10)
- Total distance: 225 km
- Dedicated activity areas: 5 (boarder cross: 3, snow park: 1, half-pipe: 1)
- Piste map
- Number of runs: 3
- Total distance: 40 km
- Piste map
- Chambéry to La Plagne: 112 kilometres (70 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Grenoble to La Plagne: 142 kilometres (88 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 52 minutes
- Lyon to La Plagne: 217 kilometres (135 miles). Estimated time: 2 hours 34 minutes