Samoëns is a small mountain village in the heart of High Giffre Valley in the Haute-Savoie. It is an authentic village consisting mainly of small Savoyard chalets with exceptional views of the surrounding mountains.
Samoëns is also a family oriented ski resort that provides access to a high level ski area. The ski resort is directly connected to four other resorts: Flaine, Les Carroz, Morillon and Sixt Fer à Cheval. Together, these ski resorts form the extensive Grand Massif ski area.
Samoëns also has an excellent cross-country skiing area, the Haut Giffre, offering well prepared tracks and great views of the Mont Blanc.
- Maximum altitude: 2500 m
- Minimum altitude: 700 m
- Number of ski lifts: 8 (gondola lifts: 2, chairlifts: 2, drag lifts: 4)
- Number of ski runs: 7 (blue: 4, green: 3)
- Total distance: 47 km
- Piste map
- Number of runs: 12 (red: 2, blue: 5, green: 5)
- Total distance: 42 km
- Genève to Samoëns: 63 kilometres (39 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 7 minutes
- Annecy to Samoëns: 80 kilometres (50 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Chambéry to Samoëns: 126 kilometres (78 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 33 minutes