Les 2 Alpes is a ski resort situated 64 kilometers south of Grenoble in the Massif de l'Oisans mountain range. Its first ski lifts were installed in the fifties and it has now become an immense ski area with the even possibility to ski in summer on one of the largest skiable glaciers in Europe. The resort has ski runs going up to 3600 metres in altitude and is linked to the mythical off-piste Meije valley ski area. There are slopes for all levels of skier in this vast area. Advanced skiers will have no problem finding challenges; the resort has a world renowned snow park and many wide open spaces for off-piste free riding.
Activities for non-skiers include numerous snowshoe walks or a visit to the famous glacier ice cave at 3400 metres in altitude. Les 2 Alpes also has a vibrant night life with many bars and nightclubs.
- Maximum altitude: 3600 m
- Minimum altitude: 1650 m
- Number of ski lifts: 52 (funiculars: 1, cable cars: 3, gondola lifts: 3, chairlifts: 21, drag lifts: 23, carpet lifts: 1)
- Number of ski runs: 93 (black: 11, red: 21, blue: 42, green: 19)
- Total distance: 223 km
- Dedicated activity areas: 3 (boarder cross: 1, snow park: 1, half-pipe: 1)
- Piste map
- Number of runs: 3
- Total distance: 20 km
- Grenoble to Les 2 Alpes: 69 kilometres (43 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 13 minutes
- Chambéry to Les 2 Alpes: 127 kilometres (79 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 44 minutes
- Lyon to Les 2 Alpes: 177 kilometres (110 miles). Estimated time: 2 hours 9 minutes