La Chapelle d'Abondance is a traditional mountain village located in the Abondance valley in the Haute-Savoie area of the French Alps.
Its ski area, mainly in pine forest, consists of two parts: the Crêt-béni, ideal for beginners with lots of green and blue runs, and Panthiaz/Torgon, which is connected to the ski resort of Châtel, with more difficult slopes. Free shuttle buses run between the two parts of the ski area. With the Chapelle du Mont Blanc ski pass you will have access not only to these two areas, but also to the slopes of the Swiss ski resort of Torgon.
For lovers of large ski areas, La Chapelle d'Abondance is one of the starting points for the Portes du Soleil ski area.
Cross-country skiers can explore the 26 km of tracks which connect to the cross-country routes of Châtel (9km) and Abondance (7km).
- Maximum altitude: 1800 m
- Minimum altitude: 1000 m
- Number of ski lifts: 21 (gondola lifts: 1, chairlifts: 8, drag lifts: 12)
- Number of ski runs: 19 (red: 9, blue: 8, green: 2)
- Total distance: 75 km
- Piste map
- Number of runs: 8 (black: 1, red: 2, blue: 3, green: 2)
- Total distance: 26 km
- Genève to La Chapelle d'Abondance: 70 kilometres (43 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 33 minutes
- Annecy to La Chapelle d'Abondance: 107 kilometres (66 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 51 minutes
- Chambéry to La Chapelle d'Abondance: 154 kilometres (96 miles). Estimated time: 2 hours 10 minutes