Morzine is a ski resort in the Haute-Savoie located halfway between Lake Geneva and Mont Blanc. It is a family resort that has kept the authentic charm of a mountain village with stone and wooden chalets with slate covered roofs.
The ski area is located in the heart of the immense Franco-Swiss ski area, the Portes du Soleil. The ski slopes, mainly descending through fir and pine forests, are suitable for all levels of skier. Morzine shares its ski area with the neighbouring resort of Les Gets, with which it offers a single ski pass.
Information relating to the ski area: Morzine + Les Gets
- Maximum altitude: 2019 m
- Minimum altitude: 1172 m
- Number of ski lifts: 49 (gondola lifts: 4, chairlifts: 25, drag lifts: 20)
- Number of ski runs: 72 (black: 9, red: 31, blue: 27, green: 5)
- Total distance: 120 km
- Dedicated activity areas: 2 (boarder cross: 1, snow park: 1)
- Piste map
- Genève to Morzine: 62 kilometres (39 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 18 minutes
- Annecy to Morzine: 90 kilometres (56 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 24 minutes
- Chambéry to Morzine: 136 kilometres (85 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 48 minutes