La Rosière is a ski resort in the Savoie region of France. It is situated at 1850 metres in altitude in the High-Tarentaise valley area. The architecture of its buildings is traditional with wood and stone chalets, many of which have stone slate covered roofs. The site, facing south, benefits from exceptional sun exposure and magnificent panoramic views. It is the only resort in France's Northern Alps to propose an international ski area, the Espace San Bernardo, with its ski slopes shared with La Thuile in Italy. The ski area is varied and ideal for all types of skier with well pisted runs through the forests and wide-open spaces for off-piste powder skiing.
La Rosière is a resort that successfully manages to attract the new generation of skiers interested in boarder cross, snowkiting or speed riding as well as families with young children. For lovers of cross-country skiing, La Rosière has 7 km of marked and maintained runs. Many activities for non-skiers and those simply seeking a moment of relaxation are also available, with a fitness centre, a bowling alley, an ice rink, a cinema and many pubs and restaurants in the resort.
Information relating to the ski area: La Rosière + La Thuile
- Maximum altitude: 2650 m
- Minimum altitude: 1850 m
- Number of ski lifts: 38 (gondola lifts: 1, chairlifts: 18, drag lifts: 16, carpet lifts: 3)
- Number of ski runs: 87 (black: 19, red: 35, blue: 27, green: 6)
- Total distance: 150 km
- Dedicated activity areas: 2 (boarder cross: 1, snow park: 1)
- Piste map
- Number of runs: 3
- Total distance: 7 km
- Chambéry to La Rosière: 105 kilometres (65 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 17 minutes
- Grenoble to La Rosière: 135 kilometres (84 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 33 minutes
- Lyon to La Rosière: 210 kilometres (130 miles). Estimated time: 2 hours 15 minutes