Les Gets is a ski resort in the Haute-Savoie located etween Lake Geneva and Mont Blanc. It is a typical Savoyard family resort that has preserved a mountain village appearance, with many chalets in stone and wood.
Its ski area, between fir forests and mountain pastures, consists of very varied slopes. It is divided into two parts. The area of Chavannes has a range of slopes suitable for skiers of all levels whereas the Mont Chéry area, facing Mont Blanc, is more suitable for experienced skiers in search of off-piste trails and powder snow. Added to these two areas are the slopes of Morzine, which are included in the single lift pass package.
For cross-country skiers the resort also offers 12 km of trails which are prepared for skating or classic style Nordic skiing.
Les Gets is connected with the immense French-Swiss ski area, the Portes du Soleil, with 12 ski resorts in total.
Information relating to the ski area: Les Gets + Morzine
- Maximum altitude: 2002 m
- Minimum altitude: 1172 m
- Number of ski lifts: 49 (gondola lifts: 4, chairlifts: 25, drag lifts: 20)
- Number of ski runs: 72 (black: 9, red: 31, blue: 27, green: 5)
- Total distance: 120 km
- Dedicated activity areas: 2 (boarder cross: 1, snow park: 1)
- Piste map
- Genève to Les Gets: 55 kilometres (34 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 8 minutes
- Annecy to Les Gets: 73 kilometres (45 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 13 minutes
- Chambéry to Les Gets: 129 kilometres (80 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 39 minutes