Alpe du Grand Serre is a small ski resort located one hour by car from Grenoble. It is on the edge of the Oisans area and is surrounded by the Taillefer and Ecrins mountain ranges. It is an authentic ski resort in the heart of an unspoilt natural environment, away from the crowds of the bigger resorts nearby.
Its ski area is organized around the Pérollier mountain peak, which allows skiers to choose the most suitable descent depending on the time of day, sunshine and snow quality.
The large number of blue and red runs makes Alpe du Grand Serre a perfect place for family skiing. That said, advanced skiers, keen on freeride skiing or ski touring will enjoy the slopes of the Taillefer. In Alpe du Grand Serre you can learn about ski touring, with introductory trails that are fully signposted and secured running in parallel with certain downhill ski runs.
For cross-country skiers, the resort also has a decent sized area in the middle of the forest.
- Maximum altitude: 2164 m
- Minimum altitude: 1367 m
- Number of ski lifts: 16 (chairlifts: 3, drag lifts: 12, carpet lifts: 1)
- Number of ski runs: 38 (black: 2, red: 12, blue: 19, green: 5)
- Total distance: 55 km
- Piste map
- Opening: Saturday 22 December 2018
- Closing: Sunday 24 March 2019
- Grenoble to Alpe du Grand Serre: 42 kilometres (26 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 2 minutes
- Chambéry to Alpe du Grand Serre: 101 kilometres (63 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 32 minutes
- Lyon to Alpe du Grand Serre: 152 kilometres (94 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 58 minutes