Risoul 1850 is a ski resort in the Hautes Alpes. It is a typical mountain Village with stone and wooden chalets surrounded by larch tree forests.
The ski slopes are linked to those of the resort of Vars to form the larger Forêt Blanche ski area. The ski runs have excellent snow cover with their northern exposure and an almost Mediterranean climate. The slopes are varied with many winding through the forest. The panoramic views of the surrounding mountains are magnificent.
Risoul is a friendly and lively resort that accommodates families by offering many extras, such as two slopes entirely dedicated to tobogganing.
Information relating to the ski area: Risoul + Vars
- Maximum altitude: 2550 m
- Minimum altitude: 1850 m
- Number of ski lifts: 52 (gondola lifts: 2, chairlifts: 18, drag lifts: 32)
- Number of ski runs: 116 (black: 10, red: 40, blue: 45, green: 21)
- Total distance: 185 km
- Dedicated activity areas: 9 (boarder cross: 2, snow park: 7)
- Piste map
- Grenoble to Risoul: 167 kilometres (104 miles). Estimated time: 2 hours 54 minutes
- Turin to Risoul: 158 kilometres (98 miles). Estimated time: 2 hours 34 minutes
- Marseille to Risoul: 244 kilometres (152 miles). Estimated time: 2 hours 57 minutes