Saint François Longchamp is a ski resort in the Maurienne valley close to the Col de la Madeleine. It is a family oriented resort that has good sun exposure and is easily accessible, situated only 12 km from the motorway that runs through the valley. The village is at 1650 metres in beautiful surroundings, with a breathtaking panoramic view of Mont Blanc and the Belledonne and Oisans mountain ranges.
The ski area is vast and varied, suitable for all levels and budgets. Beginners and families will enjoy the slopes in Saint François. Advanced skiers can also choose to buy a Grand Domaine lift pass that includes the linked Valmorel ski area. There is also cross-country skiing in the Grand Coin area, although it is approximately 12 km from Saint-François Longchamp village.
The resort also offers many other activities for families such as its health and fitness centre or Le Forum des Eaux, founded by Tour de France champion cyclist, Bernard Hinault, which promotes the benefits of balneotherapy.
- Maximum altitude: 2550 m
- Minimum altitude: 1650 m
- Number of ski lifts: 15 (chairlifts: 6, drag lifts: 7, carpet lifts: 2)
- Number of ski runs: 30 (black: 3, red: 6, blue: 13, green: 8)
- Total distance: 57 km
- Piste map
- Number of runs: 9 (black: 2, red: 3, blue: 2, green: 2)
- Total distance: 45 km
- Piste map
- Chambéry to Saint François Longchamp: 79 kilometres (49 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 4 minutes
- Grenoble to Saint François Longchamp: 109 kilometres (68 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Lyon to Saint François Longchamp: 184 kilometres (114 miles). Estimated time: 2 hours 2 minutes