Vars ski resort is located in the Hautes-Alpes. It consists of four mountain hamlets where tradition and modernity coexist.
Vars' ski slopes are part of the larger Forêt Blanche ski area, which connects it to the slopes of the neighbouing resort of Risoul. The long and varied ski runs descend through beautiful larch tree forests. The surrounding landscape is breathtaking, with beautiful panoramic views of the Ecrins, Ubaye and Queyras mountain ranges. The Mediterranean climate and the resort's high altitude generally ensure excellent snow cover.
Information relating to the ski area: Vars + Risoul
- Maximum altitude: 2750 m
- Minimum altitude: 1650 m
- Number of ski lifts: 52 (gondola lifts: 2, chairlifts: 18, drag lifts: 32)
- Number of ski runs: 116 (black: 10, red: 40, blue: 45, green: 21)
- Total distance: 185 km
- Piste map
- Turin to Vars: 160 kilometres (99 miles). Estimated time: 2 hours 37 minutes
- Grenoble to Vars: 170 kilometres (106 miles). Estimated time: 2 hours 57 minutes
- Marseille to Vars: 248 kilometres (154 miles). Estimated time: 3 hours