Les Menuires is a ski resort located in the Tarentaise valley (Savoie) in the heart of the largest ski area in europe, the 3 Valleys. It is a ski resort that was built just over 50 years ago when the concept of 'doorstep skiing', with accomodation right next to the ski slopes, had just become fashionable.
The ski area is suitable for all levels with gentle slopes and wide pistes for beginners, technical runs for the more experienced and many blue and red slopes that are ideal for intermediate skiers.
Cross-country ski enthusiasts will enjoy the 28km of trails winding through the valley from Les Menuires to Saint Martin de Belleville. No pass is required to use the cross-country ski trails which are offered free of charge.
Information relating to the ski area: Les Menuires + Saint Martin de Belleville
- Maximum altitude: 2850 m
- Minimum altitude: 1450 m
- Number of ski lifts: 33 (cable cars: 1, gondola lifts: 7, chairlifts: 13, drag lifts: 6, carpet lifts: 6)
- Number of ski runs: 86 (black: 8, red: 23, blue: 43, green: 12)
- Total distance: 160 km
- Dedicated activity areas: 3 (boarder cross: 2, snow park: 1)
- Piste map
- Chambéry to Les Menuires: 104 kilometres (65 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Grenoble to Les Menuires: 133 kilometres (83 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 42 minutes
- Lyon to Les Menuires: 209 kilometres (130 miles). Estimated time: 2 hours 31 minutes