Les Contamines Montjoie, situated at the foot of Mont Blanc at 1164 m altitude, is a ski resort in the Haute-Savoie. It is an authentic mountain village with many picturesque wooden chalets surrounded by trees. The resort benefits from exceptional sunshine and natural snow cover. The downhill ski area is extensive with one mountainside of slopes in the Pays du Mont-Blanc area and another in the Beaufortain range (Hauteluce Val Joly ski area). There are also 24 km of cross-country ski runs.
The downhill ski area is diverse and suitable for all levels. Many of the ski slopes wind through pine tree forests and past alpine farms and chalets and offer skiers breathtaking views. New style skiing enthusiasts can practice in the X-Zone areas, with snowpark, border cross and half-pipe available. Other winter activities such as snowshoe hiking, dog sledding (with or without carriage), ice skating, speed riding and many more are available in the resort. In the evening, after skiing, the village comes alive thanks to the many shops, bars. There is also a nightclub and cinema.
- Maximum altitude: 2500 m
- Minimum altitude: 1164 m
- Number of ski lifts: 18 (gondola lifts: 3, chairlifts: 6, drag lifts: 9)
- Number of ski runs: 33 (black: 6, red: 13, blue: 8, green: 6)
- Total distance: 80 km
- Dedicated activity areas: 3 (boarder cross: 1, snow park: 1, half-pipe: 1)
- Piste map
- Number of runs: 4 (black: 1, red: 1, blue: 1, green: 1)
- Total distance: 25 km
- Piste map
- Chambéry to Les Contamines Montjoie: 103 kilometres (64 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 36 minutes
- Grenoble to Les Contamines Montjoie: 134 kilometres (83 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Lyon to Les Contamines Montjoie: 218 kilometres (135 miles). Estimated time: 2 hours 18 minutes