Pra Loup is a ski resort in the southern French Alps. Built in 1961, it is one of the largest ski resorts in the region. The village is in two parts, one residential part called Molanès or Pra Loup 1500 and Pra Loup 1600, which is more lively, with a square, shops and snow front.
The ski area is extensive with a big vertical drop. It is suitable for all levels of skier or snowboarder. Its slopes, surrounded by larch tree forest, have excellent snow cover and sun exposure. The area also has four boardercross runs and a very well maintained snowpark.
The slopes of Pra Loup are connected with those of Val d'Allos - La Foux, forming the larger Espace Lumière ski area.
- Maximum altitude: 2500 m
- Minimum altitude: 1600 m
- Number of ski lifts: 19 (gondola lifts: 2, chairlifts: 5, drag lifts: 9, carpet lifts: 3)
- Number of ski runs: 39 (black: 3, red: 18, blue: 12, green: 6)
- Total distance: 100 km
- Dedicated activity areas: 5 (boarder cross: 4, snow park: 1)
- Piste map
- Nice to Pra Loup: 162 kilometres (101 miles). Estimated time: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Marseille to Pra Loup: 245 kilometres (152 miles). Estimated time: 3 hours 26 minutes
- Grenoble to Pra Loup: 206 kilometres (128 miles). Estimated time: 3 hours 36 minutes