Auron ski resort is located in the Alpes Maritimes in the Mercantour National Park approximately one and a half hours drive from Nice.
Auron is an authentic traditional mountain village and a family oriented ski resort. Its ski area, surrounded by pine trees, has 135 km of runs in four areas: Las Donnas, Sauma Long, Demandols and Lieuson. It benefits from excellent snow cover, and also has comprehensive artificial snow facilities.
If you go to Auron by car, you can choose to park in the free car park in the village below of Saint Etienne de Tinée and then take the gondola lift bringing you directly to the slopes of Auron.
- Maximum altitude: 2450 m
- Minimum altitude: 1600 m
- Number of ski lifts: 15 (cable cars: 1, gondola lifts: 1, chairlifts: 9, drag lifts: 3, carpet lifts: 1)
- Number of ski runs: 43 (black: 9, red: 15, blue: 16, green: 3)
- Total distance: 135 km
- Dedicated activity areas: 1 (snow park)
- Piste map
- Nice to Auron: 89 kilometres (55 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 32 minutes
- Marseille to Auron: 279 kilometres (173 miles). Estimated time: 3 hours 24 minutes
- Grenoble to Auron: 251 kilometres (156 miles). Estimated time: 4 hours 29 minutes