Saint-Pierre de Chartreuse is a small ski resort located in the heart of the Chartreuse natural park between Grenoble and Chambéry. It is an authentic mountain village.
The ski area, perfect for family skiing, consists of two inter-connected zones: Saint-Pierre de Chartreuse with a gondola lift departing from the village centre and Le Planolet, which is near the Cucheron mountain pass. The area is excellent for beginner skiers, with a good nursery slope area and a number of relatively easy blue runs. More experienced skiers will enjoy the trails through the forests and pastures as well as a couple of quite long black runs. Other winter activities are proposed, such as snowshoe hikes and tobogganing.
A few kilometres from Saint-Pierre de Chartreuse, the village of Saint-Hugues/Les Egaux offers cross-country skiing with approximately 56 kilometres of runs.
- Maximum altitude: 1789 m
- Minimum altitude: 900 m
- Number of ski lifts: 9 (gondola lifts: 1, chairlifts: 2, drag lifts: 6)
- Number of ski runs: 24 (black: 4, red: 9, blue: 5, green: 6)
- Total distance: 35 km
- Piste map
- Number of runs: 4 (red: 2, blue: 1, green: 1)
- Total distance: 56 km
- Grenoble to Saint-Pierre de Chartreuse: 27 kilometres (17 miles). Estimated time: 38 minutes
- Chambéry to Saint-Pierre de Chartreuse: 39 kilometres (24 miles). Estimated time: 45 minutes
- Lyon to Saint-Pierre de Chartreuse: 119 kilometres (74 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 32 minutes