The ski resort of Valloire is situated in the Maurienne valley on the road that leads to the famous tour de France mountain pass, the "col du Galibier". The village, built around a seventeenth century baroque church is a real gem for those who appreciate traditional mountain architecture.
The resort's ski area, the Galibier Thabor, is shared with the neighbouring resort of Valmeinier. The slopes, with 70% above 2000 metres, situated in a beautiful setting, are varied and suitable for all levels of skier. For freestylers, the resort also has a Snowpark in the "Lac de la Vieille" area and an "easypark" for children and beginners. The resort also offers many activities and events for non-skiers, such as its renowned annual ice sculpture competition.
Information relating to the ski area: Valloire + Valmeinier
- Maximum altitude: 2600 m
- Minimum altitude: 1430 m
- Number of ski lifts: 33 (gondola lifts: 2, chairlifts: 17, drag lifts: 14)
- Number of ski runs: 85 (black: 11, red: 31, blue: 24, green: 19)
- Total distance: 150 km
- Dedicated activity areas: 3 (boarder cross: 1, snow park: 1, half-pipe: 1)
- Piste map
- Number of runs: 4
- Total distance: 10 km
- Chambéry to Valloire: 104 kilometres (65 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 21 minutes
- Grenoble to Valloire: 134 kilometres (83 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 37 minutes
- Lyon to Valloire: 208 kilometres (129 miles). Estimated time: 2 hours 19 minutes