La Clusaz is a picturesque ski resort situated in the heart of the Aravis mountain range in the Haute-Savoie. The resort has developed around an authentic traditional mountain village, which gives it a certain charm and warmth. The ski runs depart from every direction around the village, in five different inter-connecting zones. This feature makes the skiing at La Clusaz very varied. There are numerous wide gentle blue and green runs for beginners as well as some great black runs full of moguls (especially in the Balme area) for advanced skiers. Events such as "First tracks", for skiing in fresh powder snow and amenities like the snowpark the freestyle and freeride areas make the resort even more attractive.
The resort also boasts two cross country skiing areas: Les Confins (50 Km) with a stadium that includes biathlon laser rifle facilities and le Plateau de Beauregard (20 Km). The two together form the largest cross country skiing area in the Haute-Savoie.
Information relating to the ski area: La Clusaz + Manigod
- Maximum altitude: 2600 m
- Minimum altitude: 1100 m
- Number of ski lifts: 46 (cable cars: 1, gondola lifts: 4, chairlifts: 14, drag lifts: 27)
- Number of ski runs: 85 (black: 7, red: 30, blue: 32, green: 16)
- Total distance: 118 km
- Dedicated activity areas: 2 (boarder cross: 1, snow park: 1)
- Piste map
- Number of runs: 24 (black: 6, red: 4, blue: 5, green: 9)
- Total distance: 70 km
- Piste map
- Annecy to La Clusaz: 32 kilometres (20 miles). Estimated time: 38 minutes
- Chambéry to La Clusaz: 84 kilometres (52 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 7 minutes
- Lyon to La Clusaz: 178 kilometres (111 miles). Estimated time: 1 hour 45 minutes